Friday, July 13, 2012

Hi All! I only have a few minutes but wanted to give some updates:

-I'm going to the Mountains!!!! Not sure where yet, but somwhere North of Lima :) SO stoked.

-Connected with some great girls here who share the same faith and we've started meeting together. Refreshing for my soul for sure.

-Lots of stuff going on right now- trying to learn the language, the business material in english and spanish, and keep strengthening relationships with my host fam, the staff, my PC friends. 3 have left our class already :/ It is really hard- the best way I can describe it is with a game we played where we stood in a circle and started by passing one ball around- then one more, and one more, until there were 10 balls flying around and we had to be looking in all directions and constantly on the move. I know this is really important for us and I also know I will miss the training atmosphere when I leave, but sometimes I just want to be at site and be able to establish my own schedule, relationships, etc. But it will come before I know it!

-I did advance a spanish level which was exciting...small victories :)

-This week, we will be traveling to the Sierra (Mountains) to visit a volunteer and have our FBT- Field Based Training. We will be facilitating our own classes in Spanish (groups of 3) to students in an institute. 4 hours each day for 3 days!! Lots of prepping this week, and still more to do when we get there, but its good pratice and I'm excited.

Ok- signing off for now, more to come! Thanks for reading, your support helps more than you know!
Chao!
Me :0)


1 comment:

  1. AHHHH JACKIE! The mountains!! So exciting! I am so proud of you! You will rock those mountains for sure. Really glad you have found a small group to connect with - that must make everything even better! Missing you every day!

    ReplyDelete